Architect with over 15 years experience in institutional, academic, recreational and civic projects. Effective team leadership and project management skills for projects up to $70 million; from start-up to occupancy. Practice management skills with regard to pursuits, marketing, fee and schedule determinations, consultant selection, staffing and staff reviews, contracts and strategic/business planning.
Professional Affiliations: B.ARCH, B.COMM, CSC, OAA, MRAIC
- Dalhousie University, Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB), Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Lakehead University, LEED Platinum Academic Building, Orillia, Ontario (Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) Award of Excellence).
- Conestoga College, Engineering and Food Processing Technology Building, Cambridge, Ontario.
- Saint Mary’s University, North-East Campus Project, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Ryerson University, George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre, Toronto, Ontario.
- York University, Technology Enhanced Learning Building, Toronto, Ontario.
- University of Ottawa, Desmarais Building, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Brock University, Walker Health & Fitness Complex, St. Catharines, Ontario.
- Brock University, South Block, St. Catharines, Ontario.
- Tom Thomson Art Gallery Renewal and Expansion Concept Design, Owen Sound, Ontario.
- Kuwait University, Master Plan, Al-Shadadiyah, Kuwait.
- Hillfield Strathallan Secondary School and Athletic Complex, Hamilton, Ontario.
- Guelph Civic Administration Complex, Guelph, Ontario.
- County of Oxford Administration Building (proposed), Woodstock, Ontario.
- Markham YMCA, Markham, Ontario.
- Diploma of Professional Photography, The Photography Institute, New York
- Bachelor of Architecture, Honours Standing, University of Toronto
- Canadian Securities Honours Diploma, Canadian Securities Institute
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & International Business), McGill University
- 1999 Governor General’s silver medal nominee
- 1999 Royal Architectural Institute of Canada medal
- 1999 Royal Architectural Institute of Canada honour roll certificate
- 1998 William S. Goulding memorial award in architectural history
- 1998 Frederick Coates scholarship
- 1997 Pella design travel scholarship, first place, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- 1997 Participant in the 1997 NAFTA exchange program, University of Nebraska
- 1996 Member of the FALD research team in Costa Rica, sponsored by CIDA/RAIC and the University of Toronto; this team work won the commonwealth department of primary industry and energy prize in Sydney, Australia, July 1997
- 1996 Ontario Association of Architects scholarship
- 1996 Para paints scholarship
- 1996 University of Toronto in-course scholarship
- 1995 Frederick Coates scholarship